The craze of rice water is catching up fast throughout the world because of its health, skin and hair care benefits. Rice water has been used for centuries by women in Asia for beautiful skin and hair. It is an excellent skin toner and hair wash. In this post I will try to concentrate totally on how you can get maximum benefits from rice for your skin apart from obviously eating eat.
Science Behind The Scene:
– Rice extract is helpful in increasing the production of collagen maintaining skin elasticity
– Its Chemical structure helps in regeneration and reduces dead or damaged skin cells.
– Rice contains oryzanol substances that can help renew the skin pigment and useful to counteract ultraviolet.
– Rice that contains Vitamin E nourishes the skin and makes it look younger.
– Ferulic acid in rice is helpful as it acts as an antioxidant to protect skin free from radicals
How to obtain rice water?
– Rice water can be used in many forms by beauty experts. Rice water obtained from soaking raw rice for 30 minutes can be used as a skin toner.
– Another method to get rice water is to boil the rice and use the extra leftover water. It is considered to be more beneficial for health hair and skin.It is full of nutritional benefits. It can be used to drink, used as a face wash or hair wash. Rice water is also available in health food stores selling cosmetics. This water can be stored in the refrigerator for 4-5 days and used as a face mask and face toner.
– Fermented rice water can be made from rice water obtained by soaking raw rice or the left over water of cooked rice. Collect a bottle of rice water and leave it to ferment under room temperature for 24 hours. Now boil the fermented rice over high heat to stop the fermentation process. Let it cool and add 3 tablespoons of tea tree lavender or rosemary essential oils. This water can be stored in the refrigerator and used for hair wash and face wash for about seven days. This water is rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamin E and traces of a substance produced during the fermentation process. These nutrients in the rice water help to heal scars reduce wrinkles,inflammation and fine lines. Washing the hair with fermented rice water brings more shine to the hair and makes them soft, strong, and healthy.
– Rice water can give the skin a flawless porcelain finish and lighten and whiten the skin over a period of time.It is helpful in removing hyper-pigmentation, age spots, and sun spots. It helps to reduce the size of the pores and give a firm texture to the skin.
– Rice water is full of skin loving vitamins, minerals, especially antioxidants like ferullic acid and allantoin that has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin.
– Rice Water is an excellent skin toner that helps to keep the skin smooth. It also helps to heal acne and cools the redness of pimples. It acts as an astringent on the skin for tightening the pores. The steam from the cooking of rice can be used to open pores and clean the dirt and impurities of the skin.
Rice Water as a Facial Cleanser and Toner
Using rice water to cleanse your face is as simple as dabbing a bit onto your face and gently massaging it into your skin for couple of minutes. With regular use you will notice your skin feeling soft, tight, and radiant. You can also use rice water as a toner. Use like any other toner – apply to face after cleansing to minimize the appearance of pores and tighten skin.
Fresh Rice Bath Soak
Treat your skin to a fabulous DIY spa with rice bath and lavender soak. Take a small muslin bag and fill the bag with 1/2 cup rice and 2 tsp lavender flowers. Place the muslin bag into the water. Soak in the tub and relax fully.Also, instead of lavender flowers try other skin beautifying ingredients such as orange peel, lemon peel, green tea, tulsi leaves (holy basil), neem leaves, and calendula petals.
DIY Ground Rice Body scrub
Do not throw away the left over rice, simply grind it to make a nourishing body scrub. You can also add other ingredients to this scrub based on your skin’s need. Example: for soft, smooth, and blemish free skin add couple of teaspoons of olive or coconut oil, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and/or few drop of essential oils (lavender, sweet orange) to the ground rice and combine thoroughly. Use this once a week or once every 15 days.
Every type of rice has its own benefits to your hair and skin. Plus, the way rice water is obtained – rinsing, boiling, fermenting – will also change the nutrient content and pH of this water. So experiment freely and see what works best for your hair and skin.
One last thing, I would be ever grateful for your support in sharing this around, so feel free to hit the buttons below to share on various channels. Big Thanks!