Hello and Welcome to my blog, The Flawd.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Nilakshi and I am the blogger behind The Flawd. I was born and raised in Assam, India. I was sent to boarding school at a very young age of 11 and since then I have been staying in hostels away from my home just for education. Currently I am living in Hyderabad, India, pursuing my MBA degree.
“The greatest act of courage is to be & own all that you are. Without apology. Without excuses & without any mask to cover the truth of who you truly are.”
I don’t know who said that. If you know then do share the information. But whoever that person was/is, I owe that person a lot because this quote stuck with me for some odd but good reason. I really do believe that being flawed is a beautiful thing and you have to accept yourself just the way you are. Do not cry or be sad about something that you do not have because you have something that others can just wish for, You. First love yourself and then love each other. That is what we together are going to do through this blog. We are going to connect and share.
This blog is not my first child. I have failed many times before but I never gave up. I cried, collected myself together and stood up. I started my youtube channel and then one day I decided to start this dear blog. I hope now you know the reason behind the name The Flawd. Because I believe in being perfectly imperfect and being happily confident about it.
I had to share few things about myself for you to know me better. Unfortunately I am not good at writing bio. So below are few fun facts about me. I am sure you might relate to a few and do share below if you do.
50 things about me
- I have two sun-sign : Taurus (by dob) and Scorpio (by name)
- My name means Blue Eyes and no, I don’t have blue eyes
- My nick name at home is Maina (common assamese household name)
- My mother tongue is Assamese
- I can speak Hindi, English, Bengali, Tamil
- I have been learning Korean and French
- I am an average student
- I wanted to be a doctor and a pilot too (yeah, I can see that happenning 😛 😛 )
- I hate Mathematics but read next point 😀
- I have an engineering degree in Biotechnology (every Indian has it :D)
- I wanted to study designing but that won’t be happening any soon either
- I am an expert sleeper in class. I got caught just once
- I am 5’2” and petite
- Because of my height, I tailor all my jeans to fit my size
- I am a pure non-vegetarian
- I just love food, except Pizza and bitter things
- I do not like eating a lots of sweet things that includes chocolate too
- I love cooking but have not yet reached the masterchef level
- I am trying to lose my belly fat
- My next goal is to run a marathon
- I have started running recently (very difficult to start but glad I did)
- I love beauty, fashion and all things girly
- I play table tennis and winning does not matter to me
- I love watching cricket and football
- I want to learn lawn tennis
- I love shopping especially skincare products. I have a slight obsession with skincare.
- I love to try new things and do new things like modelling (Ha ! Ha !)
- I will be doing reviews and hauls and something more
- I am not even a bathroom singer but I want to learn violin
- Dancing is my real forte (let’s party and you will know it)
- I am not so religious (I should be)
- I am a huge fan of k-dramas. I watch 3/4 at a time
- I watch a lots of movies (any and many language), so my favorite list is really long
- Reading is one of my favorite things to do, but I don’t do it often enough.
- I’ve always wanted to learn how to knit and crochet
- I use humor as a means to cover up how I’m really feeling
- I am a bit emotional but try me and I will make you cry 😀 😀
- I love making people smile and believe that everyone deserves happiness
- Too bad I’m single and have been for roughly a century
- I have no plan to get married
- I want to be rich and stay young at heart
- I plan to buy an awesome camera to continue my youtube channel
- I want to be a full time blogger and youtuber
- I have a long list of things to do before I die but don’t know when will I start ticking them off
- My dream is to travel the world and eat all the different types of food
- I eat when I am stressed, sad, happy or bored
- I love to talk and talk and talk.
- I do not like cheese (don’t hate me now)
- I am a huge fan of Emma Watson
- I am Flawed and I love it.
Should you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com. If you’d like to send me product, please mail me at the same email id.
Visit my YouTube channel by my name nilakshi deka here. Don’t forget to Subscribe… 😀 😀 😀
I love you a lot. Remember that because I really do.